Most film producers in Nepal are either established or are new in the field . If a film does well then it is all well for the producer and the entire team. If it does not then the burden falls on the producer.
Those who have stood the test of time have done great projects with incredible directors. Of the many movie producers in Nepal, I have tentatively come up with top ten producers of Nepali movie. The bases of ranking are the number of movies made, and the success.
- The first one among them is Shrawan Ghimire, who has produced almost all the movies of director, Tulsi Ghimire. Of his most successful films are Lahure, Dakshina, Chino and Darpan Chaaya. His and director Ghimires pair is an unbeatable one in Nepali movies.
- Nrayan Puri is another producer, who falls in the top ten lists just for the sheer amount of films he has produced, including Feri Arko Saino and Alpa Biram.
Ujjwal Ghimire is another of the popular producers of the recent times with films like Biswas and Jindagani to his name.
There is no denying Yadav Kahrel deserves a place in top ten Nepali movie producer with movies like Prem Pinda, Bhanu Bhakta and Shree Swasthani to his production.
- there is Neer Shah with wonderful movies like Basudev, Pacchis Basanta, Basanti and Rajamati. He was also the co-producer of the Nepal based film, Caravan, directed by French director, Eric Valli.
- Royal Nepal Film Corporation has a history of film production from the time of Jivan Rekha in 1980. The production house produced around twelve films, including Sindur and Badlindo Aakash. It no longer produces films, but it is engraved in Nepali film history as a government endeavor in film making.
- In the recent times, Ashok Sharma is one of the most successful film producers with films like Allare, Truck Driver and Junga Baaz to his banner.
- Likewise, Yub Raj Lama is another of the top producers with films like Man Mandir and Chandani to his name.
- Similarly, actor, Bhuwan K.C. has produced movies like Nepali Babu, Crorepati, Superstar and Ma Timi Bina Marihalchu.
- Last, but not the least one female producer is taking the movie industry by storm, and she is non other than actress, Rekha Thapa with the most successful being Himmat.